Monday, July 29, 2013

Finishing Projects or Procrastinating?

I have to machine-quilt a quilt by next week. What am I doing? Finishing projects, starting new ones....and learning how to use my new-to-me Jenome Memory Craft 5600. What a machine! I feel like I just bought the Jaguar of my dreams!!! It purrs, has even stitching and the bobbin winds at the touch of a button. OMG, it’s amazing.

Encyclopedia of Embroidered Flowers by Barbara BaatzExcept that I still need to quilt my brother’s quilt!

While I was procrastinating, I finished an embroidery I started at least a year ago. I bought the book “Encyclopedia Of Embroidered Flowers” by Barbara Baatz. From the book, I made a pattern of eleven of the flowers and bought a lovely frame for it. I embroidered most of the flowers within a short time – and hadn’t touched it in over a year. Well, procrastination on one project can be a good thing for another – the embroidery is now finished!
Embroidery of flowersWhat I learned:

    Mini-messenger bag
  • I need to keep working on my short and long satin stitch; and
  • I have to figure out what to put behind my embroidery to stop it from puckering.

It was a great project – I’m glad that it’s done.
Embroidered Flowers in a Frame

I also made the cutest mini-messenger bag using a free pattern from All People Quilt website. I chose some lively fabrics but my daughter thinks that they are too juvenile – and since she’s the family style consultant, we listen to her! So this lovely mini-messenger bag will go to Denmark with my niece!
I have great plans for another one in fun but adultish fabrics. Any bets on when I’ll start quilting my brother’s quilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)