|England souvenir in |
|JoJo Hall's World |
Quilting Travel Adventure
This project has been around for a while and was my April OMG (One Monthly Goal). My next World Quilting Travel Adventure project will be the Hoopoe bird from Israel. I hope to start it in May.
I've included the details of this project in the "What I Learned" section below.
|Tea Time - England Souvenir|
Here is an image of some of the details.
|Details of Tea Time|
|Label for Tea Time - England Souvenir|
What I learned
- The Crafted Appliqué technique was perfect for this project.
- I made very few changes to the pattern, but I regretted making the steam over the tea cup smaller. It was only after I finished the appliqué that I noticed that the original was much larger so that it could be linked to the "Tea Room" sign. (oops!)
- I loved the way that JoJo had quilted the piece, so I copied it. Before FMQ I marked all of the lines on point. Thank goodness my son looked at the project before I started quilting it since all of those lovely cathedral windows would have been very crooked.
- I didn't embellish the piece as much as I wanted - I think I may be tired! Oh well, I can always add beads later if I change my mind or am up to it.
- JoJo won ribbons for both her England and Oregon souvenir quilts. Check it out in the link below!
- JoJo Hall's World Quilting Travel Adventure
- Posts related to Tea Time - England Souvenir
Tea Time - England Souvenir
16" x 20"
Designed by JoJo Hall from the World Quilting Travel Adventure
Materials: Cotton, chain
Techniques: Crafted Appliqué, free motion quilting (FMQ)
|Art with Fabric blog hop - coming soon|
April has been a very busy month but May looks even busier. Celebrate - Fêtons 150 in May will come out on May 1st. After that comes the 2017 Art with Fabric. My project is almost finished. I can't wait to share this artist and her work with everyone! That will be on May 15th. See you there :-)
I have linked this post to JoJo Hall's Travelers' Souvenirs and OMG's April Finish (One Monthly Goal). See what else is happening in the quilting blogging world through these link-ups. Moving It Forward Monday, Let's Bee Social, Linky Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, Free Motion Mavericks, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?,