Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Planning Post

3Q FAL (3rd quarter Finish-A-Long)
I've just discovered the 2017 Finish-A-Long. The idea is to create a post with a list of projects you want to finish for a quarter (this one is the 3rd) and link up. Since I'm writing a post for the One Monthly Goal (OMG), I may as well participate in the 3Q FAL (3rd quarter Finish-A-Long) as well. I do have a few projects that need to get done, and this might provide some additional motivation. :-)
July OM 











July One Monthly Goal

My June OMG was to sandwich and start FMQ my Neutral Lap Quilt - Take 5 Loves Coffee Milk. I managed to reach my goal, and now my July OMG is to finish this lap quilt. I have 4 of the 16 blocks quilted. I want to have this baby quilted, bound and labeled by July 31! This project will also count as one of my 3Q FAL.
Neutral Lap Quilt - finished quilt top
Neutral Lap Quilt FMQ Block














Here are the other projects that I will work on and hopefully finish (they have to be finished to be posted in the final link-up of the quarter).

Leaves 

The beginning of The Leaves
The Leaves wall hanging has been in the making since at least June 2014. I've mentioned this project in three posts now. It would be nice if it was mentioned one last time in the next quarter, as a finished project! It only needs a little time and love to quilt and bind it (and a better photo).

The Leaves - time to finish it!













Placemat No. 2

In May I made a reversible placemat for a friend. She loved it and asked for another one. I don't want to make this one exactly the same, but it would be nice if it matched to some extent. I need to make a few decisions - to use the same pattern on the front with different fabric (I don't have enough fabric left)? or to use another pattern in the same style. I do know that the other side will be scrappy and improvisational.

Here is the first placemat - Classy and Scrappy.

Classy
Scrappy











Fixing an old quilt

I promised a friend to fix her quilt. I've had it for a very long time so I need to do this in the next 3 months! It needs a lot of tender loving care. It was beautifully hand-quilted but some of the fabric has ripped and will need to be stabilized and fixed. It will be a challenge but I expect it to be serviceable when fixed.
A quilt in need of tender loving care

Playing with EPP Hexies

I've been playing with hexies! At one point, after making a whole bunch, I thought that maybe I should see what I had and what I might do with them. Here are a few patterns that I found on the internet. In the next quarter I will make at least one small wall hanging with my hexies :-)




What I learned

  • It was interesting going back to some of my past posts to see the UFOs. Some I had no interest in finishing. Hopefully one day!
  • I think that I'll be able to finish many of these since they are projects that I'm enjoying and want to get done. Now I just need to get into the mood to quilt!

Related Links
Posts related to Neutral Lap Quilt - Take 5 Loves Coffee Milk
Posts related to the Leaves

Linking Parties: I'll be linking this post to both OMG July Goal Setting and 2017 3Q FAL as well as several others. Join me to see what's going on in Quilt Land! Monday Making, Main Crush Monday, Moving it Forward Monday, Design Wall Monday, Linky Tuesday, Oh Scrap!, Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, Off the Wall Friday, Needle & Thread Thursday, Finished or Not Friday



8 comments:

  1. Lovely quilting. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty for hosting the One Monthly Goal link-up. It's really helping me to keep focused!

      Delete
  2. These all look like great goals. Adree, and the goal for July is almost finished! I love the leaves, they are so pretty and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I now have half of the blocks quilted and still half of the month left! I love those leaves also. It's about time this one got finished.

      Delete
  3. Your hexies at Love, Laugh Quilt caught my eye! I bet you'll come up with a great project! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miaismine. I've gotten a few flowers done so far. It's a lot of fun playing with the hexies....very addictive :-)

      Delete
  4. Love your leaves! Finish it up to enjoy it this fall. Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. You're right - I will get them done for the fall! I can't believe I didn't think of that :-)

      Delete

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)